Day-Star Christian Academy, Inc. seeks a teacher for its Preschool/Toddler III and IV classroom. The Preschool Teacher will coordinate the day to day routines concomitant with the daily schedule and teaching opportunities in her/his classroom.
- The preschool teacher will prepare and implement weekly lesson plans using Day-Star's selected curriculum.
- Oversee and direct the daily preparation and maintenance of the classroom area.
- Understands GELDS and knows how to design weekly lesson plans to achieve GELD standards.
- Develop and implement developmentally appropriate classroom activities that will include but are not limited to the physical, emotional, social and cognitive needs of each child and the GELDS domains/sub-domains.
- Ensure the safety of each child inside and outside of the classroom, throughout the building, and on the playground.
- Maintain a clean, safe, structured, and healthy classroom environment.
- Regularly assess children to determine where they are developmentally and maintain evaluation and observation notes.
- Provide interventions, supports, and necessary scaffolding to get child to where she/he should be and provide parents with continuous feedback about the development of their child.
- Plan differentiated instruction that includes developmentally appropriate activities for about 15-22 children daily.
- Arrange a plan for instruction that best meets the individual child’s developmental needs.
- Assist children with meeting and maintaining physical needs, including hand washing, grooming, and eating, etc.
- Contribute equally in the housekeeping tasks, i.e. cleaning bathrooms, classroom, sanitizing room/materials, etc.
- Be willing to care for the physical, social, and emotional needs of the children, which will include occasionally changing diapers or pull ups, lift/carry toddlers when necessary, serving meals, encouraging children’s social and emotional confidence/skills, redirecting and/or modeling appropriate behavior, and interacting with each child on a daily basis through circle time, centers, music/play, meals, outside/playground time, free play, etc.
- Be aware of child abuse, neglect, and licensing regulations and immediately report any signs of abuse or neglect to the Site Director.
- Be able to administer first aid, CPR, or promptly respond to an emergency involving a child at any given moment.
- Immediately document and report any incidents or accidents to the Site Director.
- Meet all reporting, processing, and submission deadlines given.
- Create and maintain an aesthetically appealing room, which can include pictures of each child.
- Be willing to serve as a floater and/or work with children of all age groups.
- Complete all required training.
- Display a positive and professional attitude and behavior at all times.
- Maintain prompt hours/schedule and notify the Site Director in the event of tardiness or illness.
- Maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance according to personnel policies.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and all required or recommended training programs and conferences.
- Participate in professional learning communities that work toward the improvement of early childhood education.
- Maintain a healthy, safe, and clean/sanitized classroom and outdoor environment.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Must have ainimum of a CDA/TCC or higher in Early Childhood Education (aka ECE) or an ECE-related field. ***Note: Only applicants with the minimum education requirement will be considered.***
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a successful criminal background check.
- Passionate about early childcare and delivering high-quality care to children and families.
- Friendly personality; must be able to relate well to both children and adults.
- Must be flexible.
- Must be willing to fulfill his/her responsibilities in accordance with Day-Star Christian Academy, Inc., Quality Care for Children (Quality Rated), and Bright From the Start's philosophy, policies, and procedures.
Physical Demands: Work is typically performed inside and outside a classroom environment with the employee constantly standing or moving around with intermittent sitting. The employee frequently lifts light to medium weight objects. Use of Tier I and Tier II words and positive reinforcement and affirmation are a requirement. Strong knowledge of Quality Rated process and its policies and procedures is required.
Must have a passion for early childcare, an exceptionally warm and friendly personality and exceptional customer service skills that include tact, patience, empathy, honesty, and kindness. Enjoy interacting with children and their families. Excellent organizational, classroom management, and time management skills. Have the ability to handle confidential information, listen attentively, be mentally and verbally agile, and use strong, effective communication. Must be able to work with staff, children and families from diverse backgrounds and circumstances. Must be a self-motivated, creative, and innovative professional with the ability to solve problems with creativity and civility. Have the ability to manage daily tasks in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while paying close attention to details. Must have availability during weekdays between 9:00 am to 6:30 pm and available for monthly staff meetings. Bilingual educator preferred but not required.
Completed application, cover letter & current résumé with references, in-person interview (upon request), orientation and training (upon job offer), criminal background check & fingerprinting (upon job offer)
Nice To Haves
Knows how to speak and teach a language other than English
- Reduced rate for childcare
- Free meals
- Annual review for raises
Salary: $9.75 to $10/Hr
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 2 Yrs
Location: Atlanta, GA