NEKCA in Newport is seeking a full-time Intake Coordinator to work in their front office. The Intake Coordinator will serve as the first point of contact for agency clients at NEKCA’s 70 Main Street Newport location by providing information, assistance and intake to clients for outreach services, housing, and parent child center services. The Intake Coordinator will be responsible for the answering of phones, directing incoming calls to the proper individual and or department, greeting and intake of clients, assisting clients with program information, informing clients of information required for appointments, and performing a variety of administrative tasks. The Intake Coordinator will also provide assistance and support in delivering client services as needed in a team effort approach.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and 3 references to email provided; FAX to 802-334-5249 or mail to NEKCA Human Resources, PO Box 346, Newport, VT 05855. E.O.E.
· Responsible for all aspects of managing the front office space
· Answering of phones and directing incoming calls to the proper individual or program.
· Greeting and directing visitors, staff and clients in a friendly and professional manner.
· Assess clients in crisis to determine immediate needs and develop plan for immediate response.
· Provide information to low-income people and agencies about community resources and other food shelves in the area.
· Keep complete, accurate, phone logs and sign in sheets.
· Answers sensitive client inquiries.
· Perform client intakes and assist households in completing forms for a variety of benefit programs when need be.
· Help with food shelf duties as needed. Work as part of the Outreach team.
· Place Vermont Foodbank orders. Document for Fresh Produce Program.
· Attend and participate in staff, agency, and service provider meetings deemed necessary for job performance.
· Perform a variety of clerical tasks which may include data base entries and data collection for reports.
· Fill in when necessary in a team spirited approach to assist in delivering client services.
· Participate in collecting and documenting non-federal share (In-kind/donate) and sending out Thank You notes to those who donate.
· Maintain files and record keeping
· Ability to bend, lift, and carry. Ability to lift over 50 lbs. Ability to walk up and down stairs.
Minimum Requirements Include:
· Must be 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license. Will be required to authorize and pass NEKCA’s driving record check process
· Must be able to satisfy the travel requirements of the position.
· High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional education and/or experience preferred.
· Experience in human services field, knowledge of community resources including local service providers; state and federal agencies preferred.
· Must be people orientated, have good interpersonal skills, communicate effectively in writing and verbally, including good phone etiquette.
· Ability to be flexible, work as part of a team, and under direction
· Must have proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications, data base applications and record keeping.
· This position is considered a mandated reporter.
· Must maintain high degree of confidentiality.
Health & Dental Insurance
Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Long Term Disability
Supplemental Insurance Options
Employee Assistance Program
Pension Plan (SEP)
Sick / Family Leave