Laugh & Learn Childcare Center in East Barre, VT, is looking for a qualified teacher associate for their program. This is a full time position 8:30-5:30.
· Implementation of curriculum activities and encourage participation by children.
· Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
· Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
· Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
· Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
· Follow all center policies and state regulations.
· Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
· Minimum of 1 year of professional child care experience.
· High energy.
· Ability to work well with others.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· A strong understanding of child development.
· Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
· Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
· Must clear full background check.
Teacher Associate A teacher associate is at least twenty (20) years of age, is a high school graduate or has completed a GED, and meets one (1) of the following qualifications: At least a Vermont Early Childhood Career Ladder Level Three (3) Certificate; or At least an associate degree from an accredited college with a major or concentration in Early Childhood, Child or Human Development, Elementary Education, or Child and Family Services and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger; or At least a Certificate of Completion from the Registered Child Care Apprenticeship Program; or At least a Child Care Certificate from the Community College of Vermont and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger; or At least successful completion of twentyone (21) college credits with an early childhood or school age focus and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger.
This is a 40 hour a week position with 60 hours of vacation/sick time once been employed 90 days and paid days off that the center is closed totaling 16 days plus the 60 hours.