Rockdale Emergency Relief, a 51 year old agency, seeks a qualified candidate to answer inquiries and provide information to the general public, visitors, and other interested parties regarding activities conducted at establishment and location of departments, offices, and employees within the organization.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other documents.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- File and maintain records.
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars.
- Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Keep a current record of staff members' whereabouts and availability.
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
- Calculate and quote rates for tours, stocks, insurance policies, or other products or services.
- Take orders for merchandise or materials and send them to the proper departments to be filled.
- Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents.
- Schedule space or equipment for special programs and prepare lists of participants.
- Perform duties, such as taking care of plants or straightening magazines to maintain lobby or reception area.
- Listen and direct concerns / suggestions from customers or the public to the right administrator to resolve.
- Social media posting
- Schedule appointments. Verify benefits.
- Newsletter and/or graphic design experience a plus.
- Coordinate volunteers for Rockdale Emergency Relief and their programs.
- Answer telephones to direct calls or provide information.
- Proofread documents, records, or other files to ensure accuracy.
- Operate computers or computerized equipment.
- Greet customers, patrons, or visitors.
- Respond to customer problems or complaints.
- File documents or records.
- Send information, materials or documentation.
- Schedule appointments.
- Discuss goods or services information with customers or patrons.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Order materials, supplies, or equipment.
- Prepare business correspondence.
- Provide notifications to customers or patrons.
- Keep work space area clean and decorate for a school environment!
Nice To Haves
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Publisher
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Office
- Phone system
- Copier use
The early childhood division of the school bases its academic program on a weekly unit of study for academic advancement. Teachers use lesson plans to guide the delivery of information and address individual issues of advanced skill levels or areas of improvement that are needed. Parents may supplement curriculum by bringing in books, materials, or ideas related to the theme for the benefit of the class.
Our school is a State of the Art Private PreK through 12th grade private school. We are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools / Advanc-ED and we strive to challenge our students each and every day. Students utilize a state of the art computer lab and library for learning enhancement. Our students compete in a variety of academic events including Math Olympics, Creative Writing, Spelling Bees, Speech Meets, Science Fairs and over 17 different sports teams. At Peachtree Academy, we expect our students to be well-rounded and encourage them to participate in extra-curricular activities (soccer, baseball, language classes, chess, drama, music, and dance).
Salary: $10.50 to $12.50/Hr
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Part Time
Minimum Experience: 2 Yrs
Location: Conyers, GA