Majestic Scholars Child Care is currently hiring for teacher roles. If you have a love for children, and a passion to teach we want to hire you!!! The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand childrens cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Must currently possess an active Child Development Associate (CDA) credential
- OR at least 48 semester credit hours, of which 15 semester hours are in early childhood education,early childhood development,child and family studies
- AND at least two years of experience working with children in a licensed child development facility
- By December 2023, must earn an associate degree in early childhood education, early childhood development, child and family studies, or a closely related field of study
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
No Weekends or late hours!!!
Salary: $9 to $10/Hr
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Louisville , KY