Preschool teachers are Superheroes in the eyes of children! If you enjoy changing your voice and tone as you read a book, you might be an imaginative teacher. If you like to add a little glitter to paint colors to mix, you might be a creative teacher. If you like to watch children roll out play dough and help with stacking blocks, we might have a job for you!
The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain daily communications with parents through informal discussions and digital communication platform, KidReports.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
Nice To Haves
Experience working in a licensed day care facility.
ECE training or classes including TCC, CDA or Associates in ECE.
Optional Vision and Dental Insurance
$300.00 per year Uniform allowance
Additional wage compensation for closing schedule.
Additional wage compensation for bus drivers.
Five Forks Academy has been serving the Brookwood and Parkview clusters since 2005. Please visit our Facebook page and our website www.fiveforksacademy.com.
Salary: $10 to $12/Hr
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Lilburn, GA