This position supports and assists families as they identify and meet their own goals through a family-centered case management model for developing and carrying out the program Family Partnership Agreements including responsibility for child files, enrollment/applications, etc. This position also assists with the completion of the child health requirements and other required screenings and assessments. This position supports the larger system of social services coordinated by Head Start/Early Head Start, thereby supporting the goals of the program. The position may involve reassignment of caseloads and/or center location as deemed necessary for program operations.
Program Development and Planning
- Coordinates with center staff to integrate family partnership goals with classroom efforts and to ensure integrated child and family curriculum.
- Participates in team management functions of planning, implementing and evaluating Family and Community Partnership goals and objectives.
- Participates in in-service, workshops, conferences and college courses to enhance skills.
- Recruits prospective families and assists with enrollment process.
- Conducts home visits to facilitate family plans, assists families in achieving identified goals and follow-up on referrals. Acts as a case manager and works cooperatively with local agencies to assist families to linkup with services in the local community.
- Assists with the completion of the child health screening, other required screenings and assessments and is familiar with referral requirements.
- Documents efforts to assist families in identifying their strengths, needs and sufficiency goals. Performs data entry functions as necessary to keep files up-to-date.Uses HSFIS/Child Plus or other database software.
- Tracks family partnership efforts and outcomes. Documents efforts to support parents in establishing strong community ties, such as finding a “medical home.”
- Records, monitors and follows up on referrals for support services for reporting requirements.
- Submits reports as needed and requested, such as monthly summary tracking reports, etc. Follows up with families to determine whether the kind, quality and timeliness of the services received through referral met the family’s expectations and circumstances.
- Maintains and provides data for the annual Program Information Report (PIR).
Minimum requirement is a credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling or related field within eighteen months of hire. An AA or higher in Social Work or Human Services or related human services field is preferred. Bilingual preferred.
CDI HS offers full benefits including medical, vision, dental & life insurance. Paid holidays and scheduled closures. Tuition reimbursement available to those who qualify. Position open until filled. CDI Head Start is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary: $10 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Carrollton, GA