This position works as a part of a team to assist in activities in the areas of the classroom, kitchen and bus and/or to serve as a disabilities aide as needed. The position contains elements of job descriptions of positions with titles similar classroom aide, janitor and kitchen aide and as a disabilities aide providing support for children with disabilities. Works with typically developing children and/or children with special needs/disabilities. The position may be reassigned to various classrooms/centers/bus routes as deemed necessary for program operations. This position may receive content area technical support and training from the staff person responsible for center supervision, teacher, kitchen staff and/or program managers/specialist/coordinators.
- Assists classroom staff in all classroom activities, field trips and outdoor activities included in lesson plans.
- Dress in clothing which is appropriate for outdoor activity and all weather conditions and be prepared to go outdoors daily.
- Assists in developing materials and providing activities related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
- Helps supervise at mealtime, eating with the children to encourage good nutrition and social skills.
- Helps keep the classroom and its contents clean and orderly.
- Assists the teacher in any aspect of the program as the need arises (e.g., at Family Nights, copying newsletters, cutting out classroom materials, making phone calls, etc.).
Janitorial Aide Services
- Empties trash or garbage containers if needed before the custodian or janitor services.
- Sanitizes surfaces, picks up and puts away materials in the classroom or kitchen in order to maintain a safe and organized environment.
- Serves as janitor in the absence of the regular custodian or janitor on a periodic basis.
- Does light yard work or snow removal.
- Completes routine kitchen/dining room/food chores as assigned (e.g., dishwashing, portioning foods, taking and logging temperature of foods received from vendors, etc.).
- Prepares necessary food and serving items for service prior to or after use.These duties may include the preparation of food to meet the needs of children with special needs or disabilities.
- Participates in food service clean up, inventory and other food service tasks as requested.
- Disabilities Aide
- Works with assigned children with disabilities.
- Supports the work of the classroom staff and managers, specialists and/or mental health consultant in carrying out individual plans for children with special needs.
- With direction from professional staff, follows IEP/IFSP.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: The minimum requirement is a HS Diploma or GED. Some states may require additional requirements for kitchen aide duties (i.e., kitchen permit). Bilingual preferred.
CDI HS offers full benefits including medical, vision, dental & life insurance. Paid holidays and scheduled closures. Tuition reimbursement available to those who qualify.
Salary: $9.50 to $11.25/Hr
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Carrollton, GA