Red Caboose Child Care Center is looking for a preschool teacher in our three year old room.
Red Caboose is a non-profit child care center serving children from 11 months-5 years old. We are a play based center that opens our doors to all families and children.
- This person must provide direct care for children; plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities designed to meet the social-emotional, cognitive, creative and physical needs of children in a particular program; work together with other staff; communicate with parents; and provide a warm and safe environment for children to grow and learn.
- Must be able to treat each child and their families with respect, dignity, and caring; and be supportive of cultural differences, special needs, and different family structures.
- Teacher reports to and is responsible to the Lead Teacher; is supervised and evaluated by Lead Teacher.
- Must be available to work varying shifts in any classroom in the center Monday through Friday 12 am to 6:00pm
2 hours of Planning and Meeting Time
Experience, training and other requirements::
- Education - Must meet State Licensing requirements for teacher (3 credits in child development or 80 hours child care specific classes); prefer Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or AA/BS in Child Development, preschool education or related field
- Experience - Must meet State Licensing requirements for Teacher; prefer at least one year experience
with toddler children.
- Skills - demonstrate flexibility, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sick and vacation time
- Paid Holidays
Paid Staff Development
Salary: $13.80 to $14/Yr
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Madison, WI