Oxford Academy & Babies is a family-owned and operated non-denominational Christian-based daycare learning environment for children ages newborn to five years. Since 1987, we have provided families with a loving, nurturing home away from home that stimulates, inspires and encourages children as they develop.
We are seeking lead teachers for a Two Year Classroom.
The Lead Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through notes and photos on Tadpoles app, informal discussions, and scheduled conferences if necessary.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care classroom experience.
- High energy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- Ability to work well with others (staff, children and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must have current transferable Bright from the Start background check and must pass random drug screenings.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds
- Must be able to get on the floor with children
Annual raise and bonus
Hourly rate based on experience and education
Salary: $12 to $14/Hr
Minimum Education: Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 2 Yrs
Location: Smyrna, GA