The Teacher associate is responsible for maintaining a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Associate's Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 21 Credits in ECE.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- A teacher associate is at least twenty (20) years of age, is a high school graduate or has completed a GED, and meets one (1) of the following qualifications: At least a Vermont Early Childhood Career Ladder Level Three (3) Certificate; or At least an associate degree from an accredited college with a major or concentration in Early Childhood, Child or Human Development, Elementary Education, or Child and Family Services and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger; or At least a Certificate of Completion from the Registered Child Care Apprenticeship Program; or At least a Child Care Certificate from the Community College of Vermont and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger; or At least successful completion of twenty-one (21) college credits with an early childhood or school age focus and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger.
Nice To Haves
Willing to continue to learn/grow with program
- Vacation Time
- Personal Time
- Holiday Pay
- Paid day for Birthday
- Flexible Hours
- 4 10 hour days
- Professional development/continuing education stipend
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Milton , VT