The First Baptist Church Pre-K Academy located at First Baptist Church 290 East Winchester Gallatin, TN is seeking an energetic, experienced preschool teacher to join our growing school. In this position, you will be responsible for the early education needs of our students. You must have a background in early childhood developmental education and able to plan developmentally appropriate and inquiry-based lessons to teach children through a variety of learning exercises.
Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Attend to children's basic needs.
- Teach basic skills, such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems and discuss them with supervisors
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Teach proper eating habits and personal hygiene.
- Serve meals and snacks in accordance with nutritional guidelines.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to children.
- Demonstrate activities to children.
- Arrange indoor and outdoor space to facilitate creative play, motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Prepare reports on students and activities as required by administration.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Organize and label materials and display students' work in a manner appropriate for their ages and perceptual skills.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
- Supervise, evaluate, and plan assignments for teacher assistants and volunteers.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of preschool programs.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students' needs and progress.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Provide disabled students with assistive devices, supportive technology, and assistance accessing facilities, such as restrooms.
- Perform administrative duties, such as hall and cafeteria monitoring and bus loading and unloading.
- Administer tests to help determine children's developmental levels, needs, and potential.
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
The candidate must have at least three years of working experience in a daycare center and an Associate or Bachelor's Degree in early childhood education from an accredited college.
Nice To Haves
Paid week vacation after a year
$.25 raise after approved ninety days of employment performance evaluation
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : 3 Yrs
Location : Gallatin, TN