Vermont Information Processing's on-site daycare is seeking a qualified teaching associate to join our team of fun, energetic and passionate child care providers.
For 30 years the Roots Child Development Center has been nurturing infants, toddlers, and preschoolers in Colchester, VT. It is our mission to provide each child with a high quality, educational, play-based program that will foster their individual creativity and curiosity. We strive to create a safe and inclusive learning environment where everyone feels that their needs are valued and understood. We view families as the experts on their own child and ourselves as the experts on early childhood education.
Our ideal candidate would be knowledgeable and experienced in the early childhood field as well as child-focused, creative, and compassionate.
- Collaborate with lead teachers to supervise, guide and encourage children's learning and development. Promote and support the building of social skills, practical capabilities and self-esteem.
- Organize nap and snack hours and supervise children to ensure their safety at all times.
- Communicate with parents regularly on their child's day to day progress.
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards.
- At least one year of relevant childcare experience (preferably with children under age 5)
- Employment Authorization in the U.S.
- All full time job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment background check.
Nice To Haves
- Associate Degree with a major in Early Childhood, Child or Human Development, Elementary Education or Child & Family Services (preferred)
- Quality, affordable BlueCross BlueShield health insurance
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- 6 paid holidays
- 4 paid floating holidays
- 6 weeks of paid maternity leave plus 2 weeks of paid parental leave
- Employer-funded retirement account
- Employer-funded health savings account
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Short & Long term disability coverage
- Vision & Dental expense reimbursement
- Paid Professional Development training hours
- Onsite gym & heavily discounted membership to the Edge
- On-site cafe serving breakfast, lunch & snacks
- On-site health clinic for employees and their families
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Colchester, VT