We are making a difference in lives by nurturing, teaching, guiding, protecting, and inspiring children to thrive. Caring for children creates long lasting memories in a child's life. Our educator's perform a variety of tasks related to the overall supervision and daily class functions of childcare. Come join an exciting, fast paced environment, where children are loved and cherished. We are hiring Amazing teachers for infants and toddlers. Full-time and Part-tme shifts are available.
- Create a positive, creative, and fun environment for your classroom.
- Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
- Sanitize toys and play equipment.
- Help children learn self-management techniques and recommend or initiate other measures to teach self control, such as caring for own clothing and picking up toys and books.
- Identify signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring them to parents' or guardians' attention.
- Observe and monitor children's play activities.
- Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
- Instruct children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
- Read to children and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
- Organize and store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas.
- Implement approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with First Little Friends Day Center.
- Observes all rules and regulations at First Little Friends Day Center.
- Sterilize bottles and prepare formulas .
- Change children's clothing if needed and change diapers.
- Perform housekeeping duties, such as laundry, cleaning, dish washing, and changing of linens.
- Maintain a safe play environment.
- Communicate with children's parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
- Assist in preparing food and serving meals and refreshments to children.
- Create developmentally appropriate lesson plans.
- Regulate children's rest periods.
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as taking attendance, editing internal paperwork, and making phone calls.
- Organize and participate in recreational activities such as games and outdoor play.
- Experience preferred but will train the right candidate.
- Flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
Nice To Haves
- Competent and Competent
- High Integrity
- Good listening and follow-up skills
- Able to work with others harmoniously
- High coping capabilities
- Solution and detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Employee Referral Bonuses
Paid Time Off
Child Care Discount
Salary : $10 to $12/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Chattanooga, TN