The Infant/Toddler Teacher is responsible for coordinating the curriculum and providing learning opportunities for the infants and toddlers, while managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Infant/Toddler Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement the curriculum based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- High energy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- Ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification. (Can be obtained after hiring.)
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
Nice To Haves
- Some Early Childhood training/courses is preferred.
- CDA or willingness to pursue certificate is encouraged. (Financial resources are available through TECTA)
- Positive, supportive environment.
- Some paid Holidays.
- Paid participation in Staff Training/Development.
- Paid Lunch Breaks.
- Earned Vacation pay.
- Annual bonus.
- Monthly/Quarterly incentives.
- Flexibility in work hours (30-35 hours/week)
- Staff Breakfast Fridays!
Edu-Care is a State Licensed, Quality 3 Star-Rated Program offering full-time care to infants through preschool age children. We opened our doors in November of 1996 as part of the ministry of the Lighthouse Church. For over 25 years, we have continued to grow and serve the families of the Signal Mountain, TN area. Our purpose and mission is to meet the educational and developmental needs of our children in a loving and safe environment that helps to build trust and strong healthy attachments. We want children to have the opportunity to experience and explore their world as teachers provide quality supervision, support, and intentional learning opportunities.
Salary : $13 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Signal Mountain, TN