The Center Director is responsible for ensuring the health, safety, and quality of education, for all children within the center’s care. The Center Director is directly accountable for overall operational management in accordance with well-established guidelines, including curriculum development, staff and facilities management, legal and budgetary considerations, and long range planning. The Center Director ensures that the needs of the students and the goals of the center are met appropriately.
- Establish quality vision for the center. Manage adherence to quality standards in accordance with the vision and with state and local requirements. Maintain quality effectiveness measurements.
- Develop general educational curriculum; collaborate with staff to develop positive learning activities; manage adherence to state and local regulations.
- Maintain student records in accordance with established enrollment procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain communications with parents of current and prospective students through direct conversation, newsletters and parent handbook; implement community outreach activities to maintain and promote positive community relationships.
- Approve menus and food purchases.
- Maintain positive relationships with regulatory agencies; ensure legal and financial compliance.
- Oversee all office functions including payroll, accounts payable and receivable, tuition billing and payment, human resources and personnel management (staff supervision) and purchasing.
- Resolve conflicts (including corrective action when necessary) to ensure a positive experience for everyone.
- Manage budget planning and review.
- Establish illness and emergency procedures; ensure staff is trained appropriately.
- Implement strategic plan and goals in keeping with mission of program.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- 5 years of direct professional experience in an early childhood setting.
- High energy.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; technology skills.
- Ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Strong finance and budgeting skills.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass health screening.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 credits in ECE.
The early childhood division of the school bases its academic program on a weekly unit of study for academic advancement. Teachers use lesson plans to guide the delivery of information and address individual issues of advanced skill levels or areas of improvement that are needed. Parents may supplement curriculum by bringing in books, materials, or ideas related to the theme for the benefit of the class.
Our school is a State of the Art Private PreK through 12th grade private school. We are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools / Advanc-ED and we strive to challenge our students each and every day. Students utilize a state of the art computer lab and library for learning enhancement. Our students compete in a variety of academic events including Math Olympics, Creative Writing, Spelling Bees, Speech Meets, Science Fairs and over 17 different sports teams. At Peachtree Academy, we expect our students to be well-rounded and encourage them to participate in extra-curricular activities (soccer, baseball, language classes, chess, drama, music, and dance).
Minimum Education: Bachelor's
Minimum Experience: 5 Yrs
Location: Conyers, GA