Job Title: Early Care and Education Specialist
Department: Child Care Resource and Referral
Supervisor: Director, Professional Development and Center Services
Salary: Based on experience and education
Location: Carroll, Cobb, Douglas, and Paulding counties
· Coordinate and provide on-site technical assistance (observation and consultation) and group workshops for child care programs.
· Develop individual plan of improvement for each child care program in projects.
· Develop and/or provide training sessions based on needs identified within the community.
· Distribute grants to participating child care programs.
· Complete monthly reports.
· Participate in the planning and execution of community events.
· Meet all deliverables as assigned.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field (Bachelor required). Dedicated to on-going professional development.
- Georgia Approved Trainer, preferred. Please submit a copy of your training approval letter.
- Experience working in a child care settings.
- Strong organization skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills (written and oral).
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Bright From the Start regulations, Quality Rated system, Environmental Rating Scales and Georgia State Funded Pre-K system.
- Knowledge of National Accreditation standards and assessment tools including the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA), Council on Accreditation (COA), and the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC).
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation required.
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Team player.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently.
- Available to travel (50%-70%)
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Frequent driving.
- Consistently standing for 2 hours or more delivering training.
- Sitting at the computer for 3 hours or more at a time.
- Bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and moderate lifting (at least 25 pounds) required.
- Noise level in the work environment may be high at times.
To Apply: Please e-mail H R @ quality care for children.org your resume and 1-page cover letter (list Early Care and Education Specialist of Metro Atlanta in the e-mail's. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Atlanta, GA