NEKCA has an immediate opening for a Children’s Integrated Services Coordinator in Newport. This is a full- position time (30 hrs./wk, 52 wks./yr.). Children’s Integrated Services provides health promotion, prevention, and early intervention services to pregnant and postpartum women, infants and children birth to age 6, their families and child development providers. The goal is to improve the health and well-being of this population through connections with high quality health care and community support services, so that progress is achieved in maternal and child safety, family stability, and optimal healthy development.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and 3 references to email below; FAX to 802-334-5249 or mail to NEKCA Human Resources, PO Box 346, Newport, VT 05855. E.O.E.
• Demonstrates competence and adherence to current best practices by participating in ongoing, annual professional development and regular supervision.
• Collects data as needed to report on performance measures.
• Collects and provides required data to state CIS Team semi-annually.
• Maintains a record of staff professional development for State review, upon request.
• Shall successfully complete (with an 80% or better quiz score) on-line CIS training module.
• Attends/completes 10 additional clock hours of professional development activities annually from 1) CIS Conference 2) Scheduled CIS Community of Practice calls
• Ensures representation by CIS staff on EVERY CIS Community of Practice call
• Brings every referral to the weekly Referral and Intake team meeting to be shared
• Increases the quantity and quality of Specialized Child Care Providers
• Provides outreach in person. (at a minimum bi-annually) and support in-person to the regional DCF Family Services Division staff
• Provides consultation on-site at the provider’s location to Specialized Child Care providers who have a SCC Provider Agreement approved by the state.
• Assists child care providers in assessing, adjusting their environments or program activities/curriculum, and/or accessing resources to support the successful enrollment and healthy development of children using the CIS Referral, Intake and ONE Plan documentation.
• Assists child care providers in accessing local resources and statewide systems for professional development and continuous quality improvement.
• Provides support to families transitioning from CIS services to on-going services.
• Helps and supports the Financial Assistance program staff.
Minimum Requirements Include:
• Must be able to satisfy the travel requirements of the position. Valid driver’s license and reliable insured vehicle will be required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education preferred.
• 1 – 3 years’ experience in family dynamics and knowledge of community resources a must
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
• Must have familiarity with documentation of data; computer skills a must.
• Must maintain accurate records.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Expected to work effectively with and be a viable member of the Parent Child Center team.
Health & Dental Insurance
Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Long Term Disability
Supplemental Insurance Options
Employee Assistance Program
Pension Plan (SEP)
Sick / Family Leave