Sycamore Child Care Center is a Christian Child Care Center that aims to serve families in Rutland and surrounding communities. We are a 5 days/week facility that provides all-day care to children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old. We opened in October 2020. We aim to partner with families to provide a high-quality Child Care program that demonstrates the gospel to families in the community by operating with excellence and benevolence. Our values are centered on the teaching and practice of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. -- Galatians 5:22-23.
We are looking for a Teacher Assistant and Teacher
A teacher assistant at Sycamore Tree Child Care Center is to serve as a living example of the gospel and uphold the values of Mission City Church. They must be able to establish and build a collaborative relationship with parents, church leadership, staff, and our community.
Teachers assistants will provide a program that meets the spiritual, physical, intellectual, social and cultural needs of both the individual child and the group, through a warm, supportive, loving, enriching Christian environment.
- Carry out Mission, Vision and Values established by the board of directors.
- Read and become fluent in the state regulations and adhere to them
- Help set up activities, equipment, and materials as directed.
- Assist the head teacher in supervision and execution of daily activities
- Supervising the classroom when the lead teacher is out of the room
- Helping with the general housekeeping tasks.
- Help prepare nutritious snacks.
- Help oversee activities to ensure the safety and well being of each child.
- Help maintain orderliness and cleanliness of classroom.
- Assist children with learning good hygiene and toilet habits.
- Work constructively with all staff and maintain flexibility in work area and schedule, as required.
- Keep lead teacher informed of any information related to the children in the class.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Willing to complete state required courses including CPR course
- Willing to complete annual continuing education hours
- Minimum of 3 References
- Passion for teaching and nurturing young children
- Ability to work well with others
- Be an active member of a teaching team
- Strive for excellence
- The ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment
- A basic understanding of child development.
- Must clear full background check and finger printing.
Nice To Haves
-Enthusiasm and commitment to working with others
-Flexibility and Grace
-Practice empathy and compassion
-50% discount for employee children who attend Sycamore Tree Child Care Center
-Required continuing education is paid by Sycamore Tree Child Care Center
-Hours flexible to own family needs
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Rutland, VT