Sycamore Child Care Center Christian Child Care Center that aims to serve families in Rutland and surrounding communities. We are a 5 days/week facility that provides all-day care to children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old. We opened on October 5, 2020. We aim to partner with families to provide a high-quality Child Care program that demonstrates the gospel to families in the community by operating with excellence and benevolence. Our values are centered on the teaching and practice of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. -- Galatians 5:22-23.
We are looking for a full or part-time Teacher.
A teacher at Sycamore Tree Child Care Center is to serve as a living example of the gospel and uphold the values of Mission City Church. They must be able to establish and build a collaborative relationship with parents, church leadership, staff, and our community.
Teachers will provide a program that meets the spiritual, physical, intellectual, social and cultural needs of both the individual child and the group, through a warm, supportive, loving, enriching Christian environment.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Part - time employees are scheduled to work a range of hours or days, based on their needs, and the Center needs
- Willing to complete state required courses including CPR course
- Willing to complete annual continuing education hours
- Minimum of 3 References
- Passion for teaching and nurturing young children
- Ability to work well with others
- Be an equal member of a teaching team
- Strive for excellence
- 21- ECD credits are required by the state of Vermont for a Teaching position
- The ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Must clear full background check and finger printing.
Nice To Haves
-Enthusiasm and commitment to working with others
-Flexibility and Grace
-Practice empathy and compassion
-50% discount for employee children who attend Sycamore Tree Child Care Center
-Required continuing education is paid by Sycamore Tree Child Care Center
-Hours flexible to own family needs
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Rutland, VT