The Program Assistant is responsible for assisting the Center Director in ensuring the health, safety, and quality of education for all children within the center’s care. Under the direction of the Center Director, the Assistant Director collaborates with staff to ensure that curriculum and classroom activities are properly delivered, and that the needs of the students and the goals of the center are met appropriately.
- Assume duties of Center Director and Teachers as needed during their absence.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure adherence to quality standards in accordance with Center guidelines and state and local requirements; implement improvements where needed.
- Maintain communication with families and community through appropriate outreach activities.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- 2-3 years of direct professional experience in an early childhood setting.
- High energy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass health screening.
- Be available to work between 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Must have reliable transportation or means to get to work on time
Nice To Haves
Administrative and Operational Skills
Basic computer skills is a plus
Familiar with Quality Rating is a plus
Discount tuition rates
Minimum Education: Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 2 Yrs
Location: Decatur, GA