Plan and implement high quality, age-appropriate program for children coming to our center after their school day - ages Kindergarten to age 12 years. Our school age program will offer a relaxed environment after a day at school with time and space to complete homework, relax or do planned activities. Must be able to think in terms of providing and supervising several areas or small group activities that are interesting for the children rather than implementing a program that consists of large group projects. Patient, yet energetic personality is required. 2 years of center experience required and elementary education or experience is preferred. Would love to see someone who feels that their strength lies with this age group and is enthusiastic about their work with school aged children.
SHIFT HOURS: 2:00PM-6:30PM
SALARY based on experience and degree
- Keeps well - kept classroom that encourages creativity.
- Develops lesson plans and activities, instructs students, maintains discipline, and evaluates students development .
- Monitors student attendance of the programs by collecting attendance rosters, overseeing attendance database, and tracking number of days in attendance per student.
- Ensure that all class bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with any overview of materials taught in the class.
- Provides the support and guidance necessary to each child and their family .
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance/ necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playground.
- Coordinate snacks time and bathroom activities.
- Assists in other capacities as determine by the Director.
- Observes all rules and regulations of the local, state, or national regulatory agencies pertaining to health, safety and care of children.
- Maintain overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines of the Company.
- May provide support to summer program if one is scheduled.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a high school degree or equivalent education
- Have at least 2 years of experience working with children and/or a certificate in early childhood education or currently working towards the completion of one
- Submit to various background checks.
- Be CPR, First Aid, and Blood Borne Pathogen certified or obtain certification upon hire
- Be mentally and physically capable of caring for a large group of children alone in a classroom
- Possess a strong work ethic, be punctual, and have minimal absences
- Have an awareness of the unique needs of young children and have appropriate expectations of their abilities
- Be able to kneel, bend, squat, lift, push, pull, and carry children up to 70lbs
- Be available for full time employment and available to work as late as 6:30 pm
- Have dependable transportation
Nice To Haves
- Some experience managing students.
- CPR Certifications
***CHILDCARE EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 2 Yrs
Location: Snellville , GA