The primary responsibility of the Infant Room/Toddler I Teacher is the care and education of the children enrolled in his or her classroom. The Infant Room/Toddler I Teacher must meet all licensing qualifications for the state of Georgia. He or she reports to the Project and Site Directors of Day-Star Christian Academy. He or she must undergo annual performance evaluations and complete state-mandated professional development/trainings. He or she is responsible for the expressed duties and responsibilities below and other duties as assigned.
- Ensure the safety of each child inside and outside of the classroom, throughout the building, and on the playground.
- Develop and implement developmentally appropriate classroom activities that will include the areas of physical, emotional, social and cognitive needs of each child.
- Maintain a clean, safe, structured, and healthy classroom environment.
- Be willing to care for the physical, social, and emotional needs of the children, which will include changing diapers, lift/carry infants or toddlers when necessary, serving meals, encouraging children’s social and emotional confidence/skills, redirecting and/or modeling appropriate behavior, and interacting with each child on a daily basis through circle time, centers, music/play, meals, outside/playground time, free play, etc.
- Be aware of child abuse, neglect, and licensing regulations and immediately report any signs of abuse or neglect to the Site Director.
- Be able to administer first aid, CPR, or promptly respond to an emergency involving a child at any given moment.
- Immediately document and report any incidents or accidents to the Site Director.
- Meet all reporting, processing, and submission deadlines given.
- Create and maintain an aesthetically appealing room, which can include pictures of each child.
- Be willing to serve as a floater and/or work with children of all age groups.
- Complete all required training.
- Display a positive and professional attitude and behavior at all times.
- Maintain prompt hours/schedule and notify the Site Director in the event of tardiness or illness.
- Maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance according to personnel policies.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
- Follow all state and Quality rated policies and procedures as well as personnel policies and procedures outlined in the Day-Star Christian Academy staff handbook, .
- Minimum of a CDA/TCC in Early Childhood Education (aka ECE) or an ECE-related field. ***Note: Only applicants with a CDA or higher will be given serious consideration; CDA must not be expired or expiring before Dec. 2019.***
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Passionate about early childcare and delivering high-quality care to children and families.
- Friendly personality; must be able to relate well to both children and adults.
- Must be flexible and willing to work in different classrooms and at different times when needed.
- Must be willing to fulfill his/her responsibilities in accordance with Day-Star Christian Academy, Inc., Quality Care for Children (Quality Rated), and Bright From the Start's philosophy, policies, and procedures.
Physical Demands: Work is typically performed inside and outside a classroom environment with the employee constantly standing or moving around with intermittent sitting. The employee frequently lifts light to medium weight objects (25-35 lbs). Use of Tier I and Tier II words and positive reinforcement and affirmation are a requirement. Strong knowledge of Quality Rated process and its policies and procedures is required.
Must have a passion for early childcare, an exceptionally warm and friendly personality and exceptional customer service skills that include tact, patience, empathy, honesty, and kindness. Enjoy interacting with children and their families. Excellent organizational, classroom management, and time management skills. Have the ability to handle confidential information, listen attentively, be mentally and verbally agile, and use strong, effective communication. Must be able to work with staff, children and families from diverse backgrounds and circumstances. Must be a self-motivated, creative, and innovative professional with the ability to solve problems with creativity and civility. Have the ability to manage daily tasks in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while paying close attention to details. Must have availability during weekdays between 9:00 am to 6:30 pm and available for monthly staff meetings. Bilingual educator preferred but not required.
Completed application, cover letter & current résumé with references, in-person interview (upon request), orientation and training (upon job offer), criminal background check & fingerprinting (upon job offer)
Nice To Haves
Bilingual (preferred not required), has worked in small, private daycare centers, familiar with and/or live in or near the College Park, GA area
- Reduced rate for childcare
- Free meals
- Annual review for raises
Salary: $9.25 to $9.75/Hr
Minimum Education: Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 2 Yrs
Location: Atlanta, GA