We are seeking experienced early childcare professionals to work in our NAEYC accredited, 3-Star Quality Rated program. We have a Lead Teacher opening in our preschool classroom. Candidates should embody the qualities of a great Lead teacher- dependable, caring, responsible, open to learning, and have a genuine love for working with children. But above all, we are seeking someone who works best in a collaborative environment. Must Love Children!
Hours: 7:30am - 4:15pm shift Monday through Friday (Full-Time)
Pay Rate:Varies, based on Degree (BA /BS/ MA; Preferably in ECE) and Experience
- Actively engage and use positive communication with the children during all daily activities to promote learning through play and reinforce positive behavior.
- Coordinate and implement an educational curriculum for the two-year-old class by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies, NAEYC regulations, and Quality Rated guidelines are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment, maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children, including but not limited to potty training.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files - such as children's attendance.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- *** Must have a Bachelor's Degree AND 2-3 years of Lead Teacher Experience in a Licensed Childcare Center ***
- Must Live within a reasonable morning commute to Grove Way Roswell Georgia 30075; Out of state individuals need not apply
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must clear a Nationwide Comprehensive background check and Drug Screening
- Bilingual in either Spanish or Portuguese is a plus but not required
Nice To Haves
- Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese is a plus but is not required
- We focus on literacy-based programming and individualized activities with the assistance of an on-site Literacy Coach and the support of a Family Advocate.
- We have well-stocked classrooms and promote a collaborative environment.
- We use a creative Curriculum, laptop, and iPod in each class.
- We provide Benefits (Short & Long Term Disability, Vision, Dental, & IRA w/ 3% matching funds).
- We get PTO- 10 days paid time off, plus the week of Christmas is paid & major holidays.
- We promote teachers continuing education by providing tuition reimbursement for higher education in Early Childhood Education.
- We have a wellness program to provide a healthy lifestyle through free on-site weekly Zumba & Yoga classes and a $50 raffle prize for healthy initiatives.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Roswell, GA