We are seeking to add Full-Time Lead teachers IMMEDIATELY.
We refuse to be just another daycare - in addition to providing excellent pre-school training for children, we want to help parents, staff and our community to excel.
- We create an environment that enables children to learn and grow through play.
- We place emphasis on the whole child, developing their social, emotional, physical, cognitive and language skills.
- It is our privilege to partner with parents to love, nurture and train their children. We approach every aspect of our childcare with this in mind.
- We work very hard to be the VERY BEST preschool in our area !!!
We value your motivation to succeed! If you want to join a center where you will make a difference, you've found it with us! If this sounds like a place where you would like to contribute your child care skills and experience, please reply and submit your resume:
The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
We need teachers to care for children in age groups ranging from 6 weeks to 2 years old. Responsibilities of the positions include:
- Feeding, diapering, educating and playing with the children
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Already have their CDA or have willingness to obtain a CDA.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Work schedule as needed based on student ratios.
Nice To Haves
Seven paid holidays for full-time staff.
Paid vacation time for full-time staff after their first year.
Compensation based on years of experience and education.
Find out more about who we are at www.leaps-n-bounds.com
Salary : $10 to $14/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Nashville, TN