First Preschool Child Development Center located in downtown Nashville, has an immediate opening for a dynamic, creative infant/toddler teacher. We are seeking someone who is self-motivated and excels at collaboration with a team. Applicants must have a solid understanding of the development and needs of young children and enjoy working as part of a supportive team in a multi-age setting. This position requires someone with a warm, nurturing personality, who is flexible and dependable. Our teachers are responsbile for fostering a warm and accepting atmosphere while valuing and promoting play.
An Assistant Teacher/Caregiver is responsible for working cooperatively with teachers and other staff in the general supervision and management of a class of children. Specific responsibilities may vary and include, but are not limited to, those listed below.
The ideal candidate will have an early childhood background and experience working in a DHS 3-star program, preferably with knowledge of DHS Licensing Standards and TN-ELDS.
- Take part in planning and implementing the daily program including feeding and caregiving of young children
- With a team of teachers, assist in preparing the classroom by setting up centers and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Foster positive communication and collaboration with families.
- Supervision of the children at all times.
- Housekeeping and general clean-up.
- Foster self-worth in children by treating them with dignity and respect.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information relating to children, families and staff.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Participate in recommended and agreed upon training, workshops, conferences and other aspects of professional growth.
- Maintain infant, child and adult CPR and first aid certification.
- Annual professional development must meet the requirements of DHS for a 3-star rating.
- Participate in school events
- Be responsible, with team teachers, for ongoing evaluation of your program and annual evaluation of the program as a whole.
- Must meet the requirements of the Tennessee Department of Human Services
- Early Childhood or related education and relevant experience are preferred.
- Willingness to participate in a professional development plan and achieve the necessary training hours required for a 3-star DHS license
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable navigating technology such as email, photo-sharing, word processing, etc.
- Flexible, able to adapt to diverse situations that may arise.
- Take initiative to fulfill typical responsibilities and help out in other ways as needed.
Nice To Haves
This is a part-time or full-time teaching position. The schedule will vary from week to week, but will take place between business hours of 7-5:30 Monday-Friday. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include PTO, retirement, and partially paid health and dental insurance for full-time employees.
Salary : $12 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Nashville, TN