Transport students from daycare to neighborhood schools in the morning and from schools to daycare in the afternoon Monday trhrough Friday. Ensure adherence to safety rules. May assist passengers in boarding or exiting.
- Follow safety rules as students board and exit buses
- Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Maintain order among pupils during trips to ensure safety.
- Pick up and drop off students at regularly scheduled neighborhood schools, following strict time schedules.
- Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Drive gasoline passenger vehicles to transport students between schools, and school activities.
- Prepare and submit reports that may include the number of passengers or trips, hours worked, mileage, fuel consumption, or fares received.
- Maintain knowledge of first-aid procedures.
- Keep bus interiors clean for passengers.
- Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilation systems for passenger comfortt
- Follow safety procedures for vehicle operation.
- Drive passenger vehicles.
- Report vehicle or equipment malfunctions.
- Record operational details of travel.
- Maintain professional knowledge or certifications.
- Clean vehicles or vehicle components.
- Ability to use GPS
- Receive information or instructions for performing work assignments.
- Notify others of emergencies, problems, or hazards.
- Assist students to ensure comfort or safety.
- Must pass Transportation Course required by Bright from the Start
- Must have a criminal background check performed
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid certification
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Part Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Lithonia, GA