The Assistant Teacher supports the classroom by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. S/he is responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children's interests and needs with the support of and direction from the Lead Teacher.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Follow all center policies, state regulations, and NAEYC standards.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional child care experience.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Knowledge of Hebrew/Jewish culture or a willingness to learn.
Nice To Haves
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Pension
- Other benefits to be discussed pending job offer
The MJCC Early Childhood Center is a preschool with superior academic experience along with a warm, nurturing environment for infants as young as 6 weeks through children in Junior Kindergarten. We value each child's individuality and provide intentional learning experiences from which to build. Our ECC is NAEYC accredited and we believe each child is a capable and competent learner who is full of potential. Students of all faiths enjoy our exceptional Judaics program as our students learn Jewish history, traditions and values.
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Memphis, TN