The Part Time Teacher Aide is responsible for providing care for a group of children as part of a teaching team.
- Maintains a Safe and Healthy Environment
- Promote healthy eating practices by eating with children.
- Share routine duties with other staff (supervision on playground, toileting, cleanup, classroom maintenance).
- Assist in keeping room and other areas neat and clean.
- Interact with children in activities he/she is supervising.
- Perform appropriate hand washing and sanitizing procedures.
- Demonstrates Physical & Cognitive Competence
- Participate in child/teacherinitiated activities.
- Use equipment/materials to promote physical development.
- Implement planned activities.
- Engage children in learning activities outdoors.
- Ensure that materials are prepared in advance of implementing activities.
- Supports Social and Emotional Development and Provides Positive Guidance
- Facilitate handson activities that develop selfesteem and social skills as identified on the lesson plan.
- Demonstrate awareness of cultural diversity while interacting with children.
- Use positive guidance techniques and strategies.
- Provide access to a wide variety of creative/expressive activities.
- Follow classroom routines and provide smooth transitions.
- Encourage children to be independent in decision making and selfcare (dressing, toileting, etc.)
- Greet children upon arrival and departure.
- Show each child affection and attention daily.
- Encourage children to problem solve and discover.
- Help children work out problems by encouraging them to talk about their feelings (anger, sadness, fear, etc.) and express them appropriately.
- Be willing to work with children who have special needs and their families.
- Establishes Positive and Productive Relationships with Families
- Greet parents and other visitors with a smile and friendly manner.
- Encourage parents to participate in the program.
- Maintains a Commitment to Professionalism
- Attend staff meetings.
- Attend conference and inservice training.
- Make observable use of knowledge gained from training.
- Share new ideas and skills with other staff members.
- Promote the centers philosophy and educational objectives.
- Report to the Center Director before workday begins when planning to be absent.
- Have a good attendance record.
- Report to classroom according to schedule.
- Follow center rules regarding breaks, telephones, clocking in and out, etc.
- Be competent in required job skills and knowledge.
- Exhibit ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Keep current on developments in the field of ECE.
- Require minimal supervision.
- Use resources effectively.
- Display understanding of State Licensing Regulations.
- Display understanding of NAEYC standards.
- Display knowledge and understanding of Head Start Performance Standard.
- Display positive outlook and pleasant manner.
- Coordinate and help supervise substitutes and volunteers working in the classroom.
- Assists Lead Teacher in the assessment of childrens progress.
- Be able to sit on floor and interact with children.
- Ability to learn/use technology.
- Hear children from a distance of at least 70 feet.
- Lift and carry at least 30lbs unassisted and 50lbs with assistance.
- Visually observe children from all areas of the classroom and playground from a distance of at least 70 feet.
Nice To Haves
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Part Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Atlanta, GA