Now hiring at the following location:
Auburndale Learning Academy, 7604 Third Street Road, Louisville, KY 40214
The Food Service Coordinator supervises food preparation and serves meals and snacks to center children and staff. The Food Service Coordinator is responsible for maintenance, cleanliness, inventory, and safety of the kitchen. The Food Service Coordinator will work with the Center Director to ensure compliance with all Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) requirements and documentation. This position reports to the Center Director. Full-Time (30-35 hours per week).
The premise of Head Start is simple: every child, regardless of circumstances at birth, has the ability to reach their full potential. Working in partnership with Family & Children's Place, Greater Louisville Head Start is a free program helping nearly 450 families each year by:
- Enhancing each child's growth and development
- Strengthening parents' ability to nurture their child
- Connecting families with needed community resources
- Providing children with educational, health, and nutritional services
Early Head Start is designed for income-eligible children from birth through age 3, with families choosing between daily programs at learning centers around Louisville or weekly home visits. Head Start is designed for income-eligible children from ages 3 to 5 and is offered only at learning centers. Both Early Head Start and Head Start are inclusive of children and families with disabilities and/or special needs.
- Plan monthly menus in accordance with Kentucky licensing and CACFP nutritional guidelines and food restrictions.
- Prepare, cook and deliver meals.
- Clean and sanitize kitchen and utensils.
- Maintain hygiene and safety of the kitchen and dining area before, during, and after meals in accordance with state licensing requirements.
- Order food and related supplies to ensure a well-stocked kitchen.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Understands and prepares special meals for all children with a food allergy or modified diets.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Help with and take on responsibility in other daily center duties, as needed
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 - 2 years of professional experience in food service; preferably in child care or institutional setting.
- Basic math skills for measuring and portioning.
- Complete the Louisville Food Service Certification.
- Good communication skills.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass health screening and TB screening.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Move as the position requires.
Nice To Haves
Salary : $9 to $11/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Louisville, KY