The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Associate's Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
The MICAH CHILDREN'S ACADEMY provides a warm, safe environment where children aged six weeks through Pre-K can actively discover and expand their imagination and minds. Don't miss this opportunity to join a team that is making a difference in early childhood education!
We are looking for a teacher that is passionate about creating a solid foundation in a child's education. Micah Children's Academy offers a competitive salary package based on education and experience, as well as a generous benefits package. Our ideal candidate must be able to work an 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:00 am to 6:00 pm (current COVID hours are 7:30 am to 4:30 pm; Our new school year hours will be 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Candidates must be 18 years old, have at least a high school diploma/GED and pass a background check, and have experience working with young children in a classroom setting. Preference given to those with a CDA or higher education.
Compensation Package for full-time employees (all positions listed are full-time, salaried, positions):
- Salary based on experience and education
- Health insurance (partially paid by MCA) available, including HSA contributions
- Dental insurance available
- Vision insurance available
- Paid-time off that increases with longevity
- Around 23 paid days off a year including a 3 day Thanksgiving break, a winter, and spring break.
- Paid registration fees for professional development and paid time while attending
Salary : $12 to $17/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 3 Yrs
Location : Brentwood, TN