The Infant/Toddler Teacher provides a safe and caring learning environment for young children in an Early Head Start classroom.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and healthy learning environment using appropriate classroom organization, schedules, and routines and effective classroom and child management techniques; provides health and nutrition services for children.
- Teaches developmentally appropriate learning activities and implements developmentally appropriate learning strategies for young children based on individual needs in order to advance physical, intellectual, social, and emotional growth and development (with specific attention/provision made for children with mental health or special needs).
- Recruits, trains, and works appropriately with parents in compliance with Parent Involvement Plan and operating policies and procedures; monitors children's attendance and provides follow-up necessary to ensure regular, satisfactory child attendance.
- Communicates with parents to schedule and keep needed medical/dental appointments and immunizations, and facilitates recommendations for follow up; provides feedback to Health Coordinator as required; and documents health related activities for comp files.
- Assists Family Services Coordinator/Specialists in the delivery of Head Start family services, including follow up on FPA goals and needed referrals and/or direct services, and documents family services related activities for comp files.
- Demonstrates professional behaviors (including time and attendance) and work habits which comply with agency personnel policies and procedures, works closely with all Head Start component staff to facilitate integrated service delivery, and completes special assignments from the Head Start Director.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field with coursework relating to Early Childhood Development or Infant/Toddler CDA
- Experience providing childcare services to infants/toddlers
- Physical ability to supervise a group of 4-8 infants/toddlers
- Verifiable work history
- Driver's License, ability to obtain TN driver's license and ability to obtain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Applicant to be at least 25 year of age (DOT requirement to obtain the CDL)
- Criminal background checks (fingerprint, vulnerable person's registry, etc.)
Nice To Haves
- Over three weeks of paid leave for winter break, spring break, holidays, etc.
- Sick Leave
- Free health insurance for the individual
- Dental and vision insurance
- Free life insurance equivalent to one's salary
- Retirement contributions by the employer equivalent to 6% of one's salary after one year of employment
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible spending account
- Training to update and renew skills
Salary : $15 to $21.19/Hr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Knoxville, TN