Transport students to and from designated school. Ensure adherence to safety rules. May assist passengers in boarding or exiting.
The Teacher Assistant supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the Teacher Assistant observes and documents children's interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Teacher Assistant are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children's interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director.
- Follow safety rules as students board and exit buses.
- Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Maintain order among pupils during trips to ensure safety.
- Pick up and drop off students at the designated facility, following strict time schedules.
- Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Prepare and submit reports that may include the number of passengers or trips, hours worked, mileage, fuel consumption, or fares received.
- Maintain knowledge of first-aid procedures.
- Keep bus interiors clean for passengers.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilation systems for passenger comfort.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Obtain Class D License with F (For-Hire-Endorsement)
- Follow safety procedures for vehicle operation.
- Drive passenger vehicles.
- Report vehicle or equipment malfunctions.
- Record operational details of travel.
- Maintain professional knowledge or certifications.
- Notify others of emergencies, problems, or hazards.
- Assist students to ensure comfort or safety.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
Nice To Haves
- Professional child care experience.
- Reduced child care tuition.
Our mission at Grandmama's House is to provide high quality child care to the Clarsksville community and the surrounding areas. Grandmama's House offers many programs of enrollment to meet the needs of each family. Grandmama's House has been opened offering 3 star quality care for Clarksville residents since 2002.
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Clarksville, TN