The Preschool Teacher Assistant supports the Teacher in providing a safe and caring learning environment for young children.
- Assists with and maintains a safe and healthy learning environment using appropriate classroom organization, schedules, and routines and effective classroom and child management techniques; provides health and nutrition services for children.
- Assists in implementing developmentally appropriate learning activities for young children based on individual needs in order to advance physical, intellectual, social, and emotional growth and development.
- Assists in the provision of parent involvement services consistent with the Parent Involvement/Education Plan and operating policies and procedures.
- Provides transportation services for children and parents consistent with the Transportation Plan and operating policies and procedures.
- Assists in the provision of social services consistent with the Family Services Plan and operating policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates professional behaviors and work habits which comply with agency personnel policies and procedures, and completes special assignments from immediate supervisor or the Head Start Director.
- High School diploma or GED
- Established work history
- Valid Driver's License & ability to obtain Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Be at least 25 years of age (DOT requirement to obtain the CDL)
- Criminal background check (fingerprint, vulnerable person's registry, etc.)
- Ability to pass college coursework and obtain a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) - (provided by employer)
- Physical ability to work with young children - up and down on floor, on and off buses, on playground, lifting up to 50 lbs. to carry a child, move furniture, etc.
Nice To Haves
- Experience with young children in a Licensed Child Care Facility
- Child Development Associate Credential (CDA), AAS or higher in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
- Over three weeks of paid leave for winter break, spring break, holidays, etc.
- Sick Leave
- Free health insurance for the individual
- Dental and vision insurance
- Free life insurance equivalent to one's salary
- Retirement contributions by the employer equivalent to 6% of one's salary after one year of employment
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible spending account
- Training to update and renew skills
Salary : $11.43 to $14.27/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Knoxville, TN