The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting the Center Director in ensuring the health, safety, and quality of education for all children within the center's care. Under the direction of the Center Director, the Assistant Director collaborates with staff to ensure that curriculum and classroom activities are properly delivered, and that the needs of the students and the goals of the center are met appropriately.
- Assume duties of Center Director and Teachers, Cook, and Bus Drivers as needed during their absence.
- Oversee ratios of children, medication, transportation, food service, supervision, and sanitization of children.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure adherence to quality standards in accordance with Center guidelines and state and local requirements; implement improvements where needed.
- Maintain communication with families and community through appropriate outreach activities.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Filing all state attendance records in a timely manner.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a good driving record.
- High energy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass health and screening.
Nice To Haves
Our mission at Grandmama's House is to provide high quality child care to the Clarsksville community and the surrounding areas. Grandmama's House offers many programs of enrollment to meet the needs of each family. Grandmama's House has been opened offering 3 star quality care for Clarksville residents since 2002.
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Clarksville, TN