The Early Head Start Teacher II assists the Teacher in the day-to-day operation of a Head Start classroom. The Teacher Assistant also assumes the role of the Teacher during an absence of the teacher.
1. Assist in the planning of daily lessons and activities. Assume major responsibilities of the classroom as requested and as expertise is gained.
2. Assist with assessment of each child's developmental level and use the information acquired from the assessment and other information to assure individualization for each child.
3. Make home visits, work with parents on issues, and participate in problems solving with parents and/or volunteers.
4. Keep parents informed through conferences, letters, newsletters, anecdotal notes, home visits, and telephone calls.
5. Assist parents to obtain the community resources and services they need.
6. Collect and provide health information on each child as required by program.
7. Assist with preparation and cleanup of all meals; eats meals with the children.
8. Assist in all cleaning duties of both the classroom and the center as requested or required.
9. Assist with parent meetings or trainings.
10. Recruit children for the Head Start and Early Head Start Programs.
11. Attend and participate in meetings, work groups, team meetings, committees, workshops, individual training and training conferences as assigned, which may include local, state, regional and national groups. This includes attending pre-service and in-service training.
12. Work to obtain volunteer and in-kind contributions for the Agency. Submit necessary documents as directed.
13. Comply with Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency Policies and Procedures, all Head Start Performance Standards, and Mid-Cumberland Head Start Operations Manual, and other applicable Early Childhood Standards such as DHS Licensing Standards, CACFP, TN Department of Health, and NAEYC Accreditation Standards.
14. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education: Minimum of a high school diploma/GED with CDA credential OR Associates degree preferred.
Experience: Previous work within preschool or with children ages 0-3.
We pay 100% of your health dental and life insurance!