The Waitsfield Children's Center (WCC) is a 5 STARS program that serves infants through preschool aged children. Our philosophy is to provide high quality nurturing education in an environment that combines structure with a play-based curriculum. Nestled between a working farm and forests, we are active explorers who love to spend time learning and playing outside.
At WCC, we are seeking a fun-loving, energetic Teacher Assistant to become part of our team in our Maples classroom. The Maples classroom is a multi-age class for children between the ages of 2 and 5 years old. As our Teacher Assistant, you should enjoy working in a team setting, singing songs, organizing art projects and fun activities. Additionally, an interest in implementing an outdoor curriculum into the daily rhythm of the classroom is desired.
This position has the potential to be either full time or part time for the right candidate.
WCC has exciting times ahead and is looking for a self-motivated individual to join in shaping the future of the center and creating a fun learning environment for the children of the Mad River Valley.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Provide care, protection and education of children
- Work cooperatively with other staff members and parents
- Help plan and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Support the social and emotional development of each child and provide consistent and positive guidance
- Participate in assessment and documentation of abilities and needs of children
- Establish positive and proactive relationships with families
- Maintain and demonstrate a commitment to professionalism
At least 18 years of age, a high school graduate or equivalent and meets one of the following qualification:
- At lease a Vermont Early Childhood Career Ladder Level One or Two Certificate, or
- At least a current CDA (Child Development Associate) and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger; or
- At least a State Board of Education approved Human Services Program Certificate that emphasizes child development or early childhood education and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger; or
- At least successful completion of the Fundamentals for Early Childhood Professionals course or the Vermont Afterschool Essentials Certificate and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger; or
- At least successful completion of a three (3) college credit course in child or human development or a three (3) college credit course for school age care and education and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger.
This is a full time / 5 days a week position
- Competitive pay
- Generous leave benefits
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation
- Childcare discounts
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Waitsfield , VT