Woodmont Baptist Weekday Preschool ("WBWP") seeks an energetic, nurturing, and positive person to be a full-time assistant teacher in our toddler room for the 2021-2022 academic year.. WBWP serves children from four months through 5 years of age and partners with families to provide developmentally appropriate preschool education in a respectful, creative, nurturing Christian environment. Our teachers and assistant teachers are responsible for fostering a warm and accepting atmosphere while
- Carry out activities on a daily basis, evaluate the effectiveness of child development activities.
- Supervise staff assigned to assist in the classroom.
- Ensure the safety and physical well-being of the children.
- Maintain regular communication with parents.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the overall childcare center program.
- With a team of teachers, assist in preparing the classroom by setting up centers and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Housekeeping and general clean-up.
- Foster self-worth in children by treating them with dignity and respect.
- Maintain confidentiality of information relating to children, families, and staff.
- Must meet the requirements of the Tennessee Department of Human Services.
- Minimum requirement of a CDA. Associate, or BS/BA degree is preferred
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening
- Prefer at least 1 year of early childhood experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Willing to fulfill responsibilities according to WBWP's philosophy and curriculum guidelines.
- Flexible, able to adapt to diverse situations that may arise.
- Infant Child CPR and First Aid Certification (can obtain after employment)
Nice To Haves
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
Salary : $11 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Nashville, TN