Early Learning Tree is looking for an experienced early childhood teachers to join our team where we inspire children through play based curriculum. We are looking for full-time and part-time teachers. We are looking for candidates that are as passionate as we are about the growth and development of the precious children in our care.
The Teacher is responsible for participating on a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively work with other staff, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Hold a minimum of a High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of professional child care experience and familiar with DHS licensing rules and regulations.
- At least one college course in early childhood education or related field with desire of achieving a CDA or Associate Degree.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
Associate's Degree or higher in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE.
- Competitive Pay
- Benefit package for Full Time Employees
- No nights or weekends
- Paid training
- Enjoyable work environment
Salary : $9 to $12/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Powell, TN