- Create a caring and safe environment
- Assist in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education
- Communicate, listen, and work well with others in a team environment
- Develop positive relationships with the children and parents
- Observe and document the children's interests and progress
- Implement developmentally appropriate activities
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional child care experience.
- Must be computer literate
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
Nice To Haves
- Infant/Child CPR and First Aid Certification
- Associate's Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE
Earned Paid Personal Days
Salary : $10 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Memphis, TN