We have an exciting opportunity for a Classroom Floater working with our students in our State-of-the-Art facility. In this position, you will provide additional support to our teachers and assistant teachers. At The Gardner School, you will be part of a caring, fun, dynamic group of professional teachers that thrive on providing exceptional educational experiences. You will work in an environment that values your contributions and provides you with the resources you need to apply high-quality, developmentally appropriate programs. Your experience and expertise are highly valued, your contributions are recognized, and your professional goals are supported. If you have a desire and passion to make a difference in the lives of children and parents, The Gardner School is the place for you.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist with Teacher and Assistant Teacher lunch breaks in classrooms.
- Provide support and assistance throughout the school.
- Assist with special projects.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, nurturing, and healthy learning environment in which children can grow.
- Fill in for Teachers and Assistant Teachers when necessary.
- Greet each child by name and acknowledge parents during drop off and pick-up times.
- Ensure the safety of each child.
- Maintain confidentiality of school directives, curriculum, and software.
- Be familiar with policies and procedures of The Gardner School and State Licensing Agencies.
- Maintain professional and positive relationships with the parents and coworkers.
- Advise the Director or Assistant Director of any supplies needed for the upcoming month.
- Follow the standards set forth for the conduct and responsibilities of all staff members who come in contact with children.
- Update the parent communication app with daily activities and photos of the children when assisting in the classroom.
- Meet state licensing requirements for education and experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Possess a valid driver's license
Eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Frequently lifts or moves weight as in lifting, carrying, and holding children and infants of 10 to 60 pounds.
Ability to read, write, speak, hear, think, communicate, concentrate, learn and work
Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general administrative tasks
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate verbally clearly and effectively and in writing
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Ability to multi-task
- Regular and reliable attendance
The Gardner School extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Nice To Haves
- Previous experience working with children in a classroom environment.
- Must love working with children and have a loving and nurturing personality.
- Excellent communication skills, including personal face-to-face communications with parents, staff, and children.
- Have a teamwork mindset, strong communication skills, organizational skills, and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
We offer medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, 401k with match and discounted tuition.
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Brentwood, TN