Must enjoy being outside and have energy and a positive attitude to share with babies and children. Our center is remodeled farm house and barn. We have retained the feel of an old Vermont farm because it fits our philosophies about teaching children. We spend a lot of time outside, climb trees, grow food and process it with the kids, raise chickens, maple sugar, and do messy activities. We mingle ages as much as possible to allow for peer learning. We are providing a "traditional Vermont childhood" augmented by purposeful curriculum to guide scaffolded learning.
This ad states 1 year experience but we will train the right person with a spark of energy and excitement to learn along with all of us. Are you that person? If so take a chance and call for more info.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional child care experience preferred but will train the right person.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification preferred.
- Must clear full background check and fingerprinting
- Must agree to off hour training and education as required by regulations.
Financial assistance with required classes and trainings. Paid training time. Paid time off, Dental/Eye care insurance and IRA after trial periods.
Salary: $10.80 to $13/Hr
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Theford Center, VT