PARENT CHILD CENTER OUTREACH COORDINATOR – Exciting, full-time (30 hrs./wk.) opportunity available for a unique individual who enjoys a work environment that is challenging and rewarding. NEKCA’s Parent Child Center (PCC) in Newport is seeking someone to coordinate NEKCA PCC Initiatives; develop and maintain the “PCC” Facebook page and contribute to the NEKCA website. The PCC Outreach Coordinator will collaborate with community partners to support families with young children in Orleans/Northern Essex Counties.
To apply send a cover letter, resume and 3 references by email (see below); FAX to 802-334-5249; or mail to NEKCA Human Resources, PO Box 346, Newport, VT 05855. E.O.E.
· Act as point of contact for parents and community partners for the NEKCA PCC and PCC sub-committees.
· Create, promote and advertise the NEKCA PCC website including via social media options.
· Identify resources for and maintain the NEKCA PCC Facebook and website calendar of events
· Plan and/or coordinate local events/initiatives in the Orleans/Northern Essex communities in collaboration with partners and other NEKCA programs.
· Implement Welcome Baby Initiative
· Facilitate weekly NEKCA PCC Playgroups and provide oversight to playgroup grantees.
· Act as liaison with NEKCA PCC and DCF-FSD for Parent Child Contact Services.
· Represent NEKCA PCC on the BBF Regional Council and other community groups to ensure alignment/support of efforts for children and families.
· Seek grants and other sustainability options for programming
· Reporting as required by Grant.
· Evening and weekend activities/ meetings required
Minimum Requirements Include:
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with prior experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Strong writer, grant writing experience a plus
• Experience with community development
Health & Dental Insurance
Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Long Term Disability
Supplemental Insurance Options
Employee Assistance Program
Pension Plan (SEP)
Sick / Family Leave