Wisconsin Early Childhood Association works to build a foundation for a lifetime of learning for Wisconsin's young children by promoting excellence in early education programs, supporting professionalism in the early childhood workforce, and calling for greater investment in quality early child care. The WECA mission is to meet the professional needs of adults who nurture and teach Wisconsin's young children through a rich continuum of services.
This position provides case management in the form of academic, career and, in some cases, personal counseling to scholarship recipients funded through the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood WISCONSIN Program. This position manages a caseload and requires effective time management and organization, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and database management.
WECA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees and applicants.
Resumes accepted through September 30, 2021.
- Process applications, determine scholarship awards and generate appropriate scholarship correspondence in accordance with established procedures per assigned scholarship model(s)
- Provide ongoing assistance to scholarship recipients and applicants in developing educational and career goals and selecting optimal scholarship paths
- Provide assistance to scholarship recipients as they navigate the Wisconsin higher education system
- Communicate with sponsoring center representatives in order to promote and facilitate the scholarship process
- Maintain documentation pertaining to scholarship recipients and sponsoring centers per established procedures.
- Complete financial and database processes per established procedures
- Present informational material about the scholarship program and associated information
- Recognize participant successes as they reach benchmarks.
- Collect stories from participants for the purposes of reporting and advocacy.
- Assist with the other duties as requested.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
Persons occupying this position must be able to perform all essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood (preferred) or related educational or human services field
- Minimum of one-year work experience in the early childhood profession.
- Bilingual Spanish
- Understanding of WI early childhood systems such as the Registry, Youngstar, Child care Licensing, etc.
- Experience working cross-culturally and/or commitment to work toward improving one's own cultural competence
Nice To Haves
Both inside and outside the workplace, staff are expected to foster a positive team environment through:
- respectful and professional communication and behavior;
- full and active participation within work teams; and
- openness to strengthening and expanding work skills through continuous professional development.
WECA provides a level of employee benefits which helps attract and retain talented professionals like you - the kind of professionals who are committed to serving Wisconsin's Early Childhood workforce.
WECA offers paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, and a flexible spending plan.
Minimum Education : Bachelor's
Job Type : Full Time
Remote Type : Optional Remote
Category : None
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Madison, WI