Looking for FUN, CREATIVE, INNOVATIVE Early Childhood Educators for our 5-star programs.
Come join Ebenezer Child Care Centers!
We serve infant through school age children in our 5-star programs. We are a leading non-profit early education provider in Milwaukee County with programs in downtown Milwaukee, Oak Creek and West Allis.
Using our E.P.I.C. curriculum teachers encourage independence, imagination, and a passion for learning. Our ideal candidates have experience and some education in early childhood, are focused on the learning needs of children and are passionate about teaching.
We offer competitive pay based on education and years of experience, generous vacation plan and full benefits package.
The Assistant Teacher supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the assistant teacher observes and documents children's interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Assistant teachers are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children's interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Plan, guide and implement activities designed to promote intellectual and creative growth of children.
- Create a fun and safe learning environment.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure adequate physical activity, rest, and playtime.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to childcare center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum state required classes needed.
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or related field
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build relationships with children and families.
- Positive, patient, and flexible.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass health screening.
- Passionate about working with children.
Nice To Haves
Associate or bachelor's degree in early childhood education
Minimum level 3 on the Registry
The Benefits of working for Ebenezer:
- Every day at work is fun and filled with smiles.
- Bring Your children to work - we offer generous Child Care Discount for employees
- Ebenezer fully pays state mandated training hours.
- Tuition reimbursement/opportunities for advancement
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance offered
- 403(b) Retirement Plan - with 3% match from Ebenezer
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance - fully paid by Ebenezer.
- Optional/additional life insurance available to purchase for self-and/or family.
- Short term and long-term insurance available
- Advancement Opportunities
- Support of teaching practices and Professional Development through mentoring/coaching
- Outings/Activities with colleagues
- Opportunity to influence the program.
- Work on your individual professional development
- On-Boarding Program
We are seeking an Early Childhood Teacher to join Ebenezer Child Care Centers! We serve infant-school age children in our 5-star programs. We are a leading non-profit early education organization in Milwaukee county with programs in downtown Milwaukee, Oak Creek and West Allis.
Our ideal candidate has experience and some education in early childhood, focused on the learning needs of children and is passionate about teaching.
We offer competitive pay based on education and years of experience, generous vacation plan and full benefits.
Salary : $10 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Milwaukee, WI