Now hiring at the following locations:
- Keystone Learning Academy, 1705 South 13th St., Louisville, KY 40210
- Neighborhood House Preschool, 201 North 25 St., Louisville, KY 40212
- St. Benedict Center for Early Childhood, 946 South 25th St., Louisville, KY 40210
- WesKids Child Development Center, 5114 Preston Highway, Louisville, KY 40213
- Auburndale Learning Academy, 7604 Third Street Road, Louisville, KY 40214
The Floater position is responsible in assisting in an Early Head Start or Head Start classroom of children 0-5 years of age. The Floater will work collaboratively with his/her Head Start or Early Head Start Teacher to ensure the successful operation of a classroom. The Floater, along with families and colleagues, works to achieve meaningful progress of each child along his/her own unique developmental path and toward Greater Louisville Head Start school readiness goals.
The premise of Head Start is simple: every child, regardless of circumstances at birth, has the ability to reach their full potential.
Working in partnership with Family & Children's Place, Greater Louisville Head Start is a free program helping nearly 450 families each year by:
- Enhancing each child's growth and development
- Strengthening parents' ability to nurture their child
- Connecting families with needed community resources
- Providing children with educational, health, and nutritional services
Early Head Start is designed for income-eligible children from birth through age 3, with families choosing between daily programs at learning centers around Louisville or weekly home visits. Head Start is designed for income-eligible children from ages 3 to 5 and is offered only at learning centers. Both Early Head Start and Head Start are inclusive of children and families with disabilities and/or special needs.
- Uses knowledge of the principles of child growth and development to work with children and communicate with families, internal and external stakeholders.
- Implements child-centered daily routine, curriculum and learning environment that encourages the development of age-appropriate positive social interactions.
- Follow the program curriculum providing ample opportunities for natural play and hands on experiences that reflect the learning styles of individual children in the group.
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment in accordance with Head Start and day care licensing requirements.
- Implement Individual Family Services Plans (IFSPs) for children with disabilities.
- Invite parent involvement in the development of the program's curriculum and approach to child development and education.
- Encourage parent participation in staff-parent conferences and home visits discussing their child's development and education.
- Work with Early Head Start and Head Start Teacher to schedule and complete two home visits per year and at least two parent-teacher conferences per year.
- Maintain regular contact with parents and complete appropriate documentation (e.g. daily reporting on infant sleep, eating and elimination).
- Assist in gathering and maintaining individual, family and classroom data for documentation, on-going assessment, evaluation and recording keeping for successful individual and program planning.
- Participates in assigned meetings, events and training as required.
- High school diploma or GED is required
- CDA credential -OR- AA/BA in Early Childhood Education or related field (or must agree to complete one of these requirements within 2 years of hire. Tuition assistance is available. Salary based on highest level of education attained).
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
- Must have a state issue ID; a valid driver's license preferred
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills, using MS Office applications and other basic data systems including internet navigation.
- Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
Nice To Haves
- Benefits are specific to each employer/child care center and Salary is based on education and experience.
Salary : $9.18 to $10.19/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Louisville, KY