Must enjoy being outside and have energy and a positive attitude to share with the babies. The Teacher Assistant supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the Teacher Assistant observes and documents children’s interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Teacher Assistant are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional child care experience preferred but will train the right person.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification preferred.
- Must clear full background check and fingerprinting
- Must agree to off hour training and education as required by regulations.
Financial assistance with required classes and trainings. Paid training time. Paid time off, Dental/Eye care insurance and IRA after trial periods.
Salary: $10.80 to $13/Hr
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Theford Center, VT