ChildcareTennessee, an initiative led by The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee, in partnership with the Tennessee Department of Human Services, focuses on collaborative opportunities in our child care centers' administrative, programmatic and operational services. The partnership's goal is to improve the quality, accessibility and sustainability of the services offered to the children and families we serve. This position is grant funded and dependent upon yearly renewal of grants.
- Maintain a workplace culture that meets the mission of The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee and the goals of the initiative ChildcareTennessee.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization's management team that provides leadership and direction.
- Interface with Department of Human Services in regular meetings, emails, and other communications.
- Plan and implement systems that fulfill the work and goals and meet productivity and quality standards as directed by DHS grant contracts.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Review performance data that includes financial and activity reports and spreadsheets, to monitor and measure departmental productivity, and overall effectiveness.
- Provide oversight and direction to the team of employees. Coach, mentor, and develop staff by delegating responsibility and expecting accountability.
- Oversee team work schedules, telecommuting, assignments and training.
- Communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings and appropriate virtual meetings and emails.
- Communicate regularly with other managers and other administrators within the organization.
- Communicate and support the work of the financial coordinator to fulfil DHS grant contract requirements.
- Strong people skills with a service approach, and ability to build rapport over the phone are both required
- Very strong organizational and time management skills required
- Tenacity and creative problem solving skills required
- Strong writing and editing skills encouraged
- Ability to understand and analyze nonprofit financial documents (Form 990s, audits, budgets)
- Proven goal-oriented organization and systematic thinking
- Experience with nonprofit management and DHS licensed child care regulations.
- Working knowledge of state and federal cost-reimbursement government funding and grants, reporting and audit requirements
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong computer skills required, including advanced knowledge of internet applications and databases
- Proficient in Microsoft products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Formstack and Outlook, and the ability to learn new applications
Nice To Haves
Full time hours, 8:30 to 4:30 Monday-Friday. Some remote work available.
Conveniently located in the Green Hills area of Nashville
Health, Vision, Dental and other benefits included.
Salary : $60,000 to $65,000/Yr
Minimum Education : Bachelor's
Job Type : Full Time
Remote Type : Temporary Remote (COVID-19)
Category : Administrative
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Nashville, TN