Work for an organization that believes that teachers are HEROES.
Pay Based on Education and Experience
- High School Diploma - $14.42 per hour starting pay
- Associates Degree - $15.87 per hour starting pay
- Bachelor's Degree - $18.50 per hour starting pay
St. Luke's Community House Preschool in West Nashville is 3-star center seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Child Development Part-Time Teacher to join our dedicated staff. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in the community and assist us in our efforts to change and improve the lives of our local families. This role reports to the Child Development Director and is responsible for providing a safe, healthy, learning environment to children ages 6 weeks to 5 years.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for planning and implementing the DLM curriculum and other functions necessary for providing a safe, healthy, learning environment.
- Works with assigned group of children on individual developmental milestone and goals.
- Incorporates individual children's goals within weekly lesson plans.
- Maintains personal file information on assigned group of children (i.e.: behavioral issues, parental issues, documenting physical injuries, etc.).
- Participates in all in-service training and other trainings to obtain the minimum number of training hours required by DHS.
- Develops and maintains a partnership with other team members and parents.
- Attends all parent meetings and parent-teacher conferences.
- High School Diploma Required. Bachelors' degree preferred, CDA Credential or high school diploma with experience in educational setting required. Financial Assistance available for teachers wishing to complete a CDA Credential.
- Is proficient in the recommended best practices.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs to meet DHS physical requirements
- Must be able to pass a drug test, have a clear background check and meet the Department of Human Services Requirements for the State of Tennessee.
Nice To Haves
This is an excellent full-time career opportunity, working Monday through Friday.
We offer very competitive benefits
- Sign on Bonus of $150 after 90 days.
- paid time off
Send a message to setup a tour and view our center. We look forward to speaking with you about this opportunity.
St. Luke's Community House is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary : $14.42 to $18.50/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Nashville, TN