Part Time: Teaching Assistant in 3-4 Year Old Preschool Classroom
University Avenue Discovery Center (UADC) is hiring part-time After-School Teachers. We are looking for a teacher to work with our Preschoolers in Buckaroo Classroom from 2:30-5:30pm Monday through Friday.
This position is supervised by the Executive Director and is represented by the UADC Executive Board and its authority. UADC offers a competitive salary. The ideal candidate will have coursework and experience pertaining to education. Interested parties should submit a resume that shows education and experience.
- Teachers will demonstrate and articulate theoretical and practical knowledge of early childhood development and education.
- Teachers work under the supervision of Executive Director and are considered to be responsible for the planning and execution of developmentally appropriate curricular content that addresses the individual needs of children within the group setting.
- Teachers will provide a stimulating, caring, and safe environment for children in the classroom.
- Teachers will have effective verbal and written skills in communication with the teaching team, parents, and the Executive Director.
- Teachers will use good judgment in both multiple task and high stress situations.
- Teachers will have an understanding of family issues and cultural diversity and how they impact the development of the child.
- Teachers must have a clear understanding and practice of using positive social-emotional problem solving strategies.
- Teachers work cooperatively with team teachers and share in and delegate both specific and general work tasks to the teaching assistants.
- At least one year of experience teaching in a preschool, 4k or afterschool program.
- Complete a Criminal Background Disclosure with no criminal violations or offenses substantially related to the care of children.
- Medical examination and Tb test by licensed physician indicating no illness that might be detrimental to the welfare of children.
- Has an understanding of state licensing procedures, city accreditation standards and NAEYC standards.
- Professionalism, solid classroom management skills, flexibility, ability to work within a team and a sense of humor are all musts for this position.
Salary: $13 to $14/Hr
Job Type: Part Time
Location: MADISON, WI